Magyar Suzuki Corporation
Magyar Suzuki Corporation Limited ( MS ZRt. ) manufactures cars in Hungary as a main activity, from the metal stamping of the body parts to the whole car assembly.
As an auxiliary activity, MSC produces and stores some types of spare parts.
MSC is directly responsible for the sustaining and permanent improvement of the present state of its environment, and it considers environmental protection as an organic part of the development process.
MSC is familiar with the relevant environmental laws and regulations, and pursues its activities in full accordance with them.
Fully aware of its responsibility for the environment, MSC undertakes the following:
1. To reduce direct emission
- MSC keeps the level of VOC (organic solvents) air pollutants safely below the 45 g/m2, as specified by the relevant regulations. Searching new technological opportunities MSC make efforts to minimize the use of solvent.
- MSC looks for solutions, which reduce the volume of hazardous waste units.
- Before emissions MSC permanently controls the quality of treated waste waters and the precipitation water collected from the factory site.
- Meet the requirements of BAT and develop the technology accordingly.
- The low CO2 emission of production models and other types of new technical solutions show the environmental awareness of the company.
2. To reduce indirect environmental hazards
- In order to secure the optimal placement of waste materials, in the disposal of dangerous waste, MSC prefers companies who have their own dangerous waste burners or deposit sites, and have ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 or EMAS certificates.
Encourages and expects from suppliers to increase their environmental performance
- The data from the permanent VOC (organic solvent) measuring instruments installed earlier at the major emission points of MSC is also sent online to the environmental protection authority.
- Under the relevant air protection laws and regulations, MSC monitors the spread and the affect area of emitted organic pollutants (VOC), taking the responsibility of environmental impact to Esztergom city and its region
4. To preserve natural resources
- MSC pays special attention to contribute to the reduction of the greenhouse effect directly and indirectly by reducing its energy consumption.
- MSC contributes to the protection of sub-surface water reserves by optimizing the industrial water consumption.
- MSC makes every effort to increase the quantity of recyclable waste materials and minimize the quantity of disposed non-recyclable waste materials.
- In line with legislative options, MSC examines the possibility of reclassification of certain waste to secondary raw material, so they become freely available for sale.
- MSC eminently seeks opportunities and ways to utilize renewable energy resources.
5. To keep to the relevant laws and regulations
- MSC pursues all of activities in full accordance with the relevant Hungarian and international laws and regulations.
- MSC considers it as a priority to observe the regulations pertaining to the activities of manufacturers regarding scrap cars.
- MSC gives first priority to compliance with ELV regulations for manufactures by continuous improvement of recovery rate contained therein.
- MSC complies with the regulations on the use of hazardous substances in relation to the REACH regulation.
6. For communication
- MSC informs its suppliers and the contractors working at its site about its commitment to environmental protection and requires them to cooperate in keeping to the principles of its management regulations focused on environmental protection.
- MSC encourages and requires its contractors to improve their standards of environmental protection.
- In an external communication brief, MSC informs the public and the interested parties of its goals, activities and achievements in environmental protection.
- In case of management approval MSC prepares and issues a simplified environmental report, wich reinforces the company’s CSR activities.
7. To increase environmental awareness
- MSC trains and encourages its employees to work in full accordance with the company‘s environmental policy. They are expected to think and act in an environmentally conscious approach even outside the workplace.
8. Revision of environmental policy
If will be any important modifications the environmental policy have to review.
Esztergom, April 2017. Managing Director