- Magyar Suzuki Corporation established with an initial capital of HUF5.5 billion by Suzuki Japan, the Hungarian Government, Itochu and the World Bank.
- Serial production of the five-door Swift starts in October.
- Production of four-door Swift sedan launched.
- Exports of Hungarian Suzuki begins.
- 100,000th Suzuki produced in Hungary.
- Mass production of Wagon R+ launched.
- Mass production of Ignis begins.
- Manufacturing of diesel Wagon R+ and Ignis starts.
- Production of Ignis Super 1600 launched in Esztergom.
- New Swift model unveiled on February 4. The new model is the flagship of Suzuki‘s Way of Life! philosophy.
- On February 27, the first SX4 family leisure vehicle rolls off the assembly line.
- One-millionth car produced at Magyar Suzuki Corporation's Esztergom plant in October.
- Spring starts with Splash rolling off the production line.
- Magyar Suzuki Corporation founds Puskás-Suzuki U17 football tournament jointly with Ferenc Puskás Football Academy.
- 1.5 millionth Suzuki manufactured in September.
- New Swift rolls off the Esztergom assembly line on June 10. This is the third generation of Suzuki’s world strategy model produced in Hungary.
- The 2 millionth car is produced in Esztergom.
- In autumn, Swift Sport, the sporty flagship of the Swift series is renewed.
- The Splash model is refreshed.
- In October, Magyar Suzuki celebrates 'twenty years of serial production'.
- The company enters into a strategic partnership with the Hungarian Government.
- In September, the serial production of Suzuki's new C-segment crossover car, the SX4 S-Cross starts.
- On 9 July, 2.5 millionth car rolls off the assembly line in Esztergom.
- New Vitara rolls off the assembly line March 5.