The RM-Z250 continues to evolve for 2016, delivering a higher level of performance with its new KYB PSF2 air forks and KYB rear shock, redesigned frame which improves upon its already class-leading handling, the addition of Suzuki Holeshot Assist Control (S-HAC), and extensive engine upgrades with over 80 redesigned internal engine parts delivering improved mid-range and broader performance.
Driving licence category
Jogosítvány nélkül is vezethető
Suzuki Holeshot Assist Control (S-HAC) is a selectable launch mode system derived straight from our factory race bikes. S-HAC helps riders takeoff from the starting gate for an early lead. S-HAC was first introduced last year on the 2015 RM-Z450, and now a refined version is available on the 2016 RM-Z250 & RM-Z450. There are three modes riders can choose for the best option per their skill level and starting conditions.
Designed for ease of use and maximum control of power to the ground, S-HAC lets you match the engine’s power delivery to the starting conditions. A new, three-stage version of S-HAC fitted to the 2016 RM-Z250 adjusts the ignition map for the initial moment of launch, then re-adjusts timing for the time the motorcycle moves through the starting gate area, then another adjustment is applied during the longer primary acceleration period.
KYB PSF2 front fork
New design KYB PSF2 Pneumatic Spring front fork uses air chambers in place of steel springs for light weight, easy adjustability, improved damper performance and smooth action from low friction. Riders can adjust both air forks with one balanced air pressure setting from a hand-pump. Compression damping is adjustable while rebound damping force is both high- and low-speed adjustable.
New KYB rear shock
Latest design KYB rear shock absorber is connected link style to the swingarm via re-shaped cushion rods and spacers. The nitrogen-charged, piggyback style shock features a new top-mounted integral adjuster system for easy adjustment of the high- and low-speed rebound, and high- and low-speed compression damping force adjusters. Spring preload can be precisely tuned via a threaded collar on the main shock body.
Improved engine performance
The RM-Z250s engine has been refined so mid-range power and torque is enhanced while maximum power is maintained. Power delivery is smoother and linear for easier control. More than 80 internal engine parts have been redesigned for the 2016 model which are highlighted in yellow.
The new piston receives shot-peening surface treatment for greater durability. The piston pin is now DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) coated, for less friction and greater durability. New L-shaped type piston ring increases sealing performance and reduces blow-by gas. All these changes contribute to increased durability and wider range of power.
New intake and exhaust camshafts deliver a wider range of engine performance. Decompression system has been redesigned for more precise operation and even easier starting.
New cam chain tensioner
Redesigned Cam Chain tensioner reduces friction and increases durability, while a new adjuster has a greater range of tension to reduce drag
New intake valves
Intake valves have been redesigned to increase compression ratio and increase intake efficiency. Compression ratio is increased from 13.5:1 to 13.75:1.
New crankshaft and magneto
Reduced crankshaft inertia, increased magneto inertia to reduce engine braking losses.
Renthal Aluminium Fatbar
Fitted as standard equipment , the top-shelf Renthal aluminium Fatbar offers more strength and less vibration than standard size aluminium handlebars.
Rich & Lean Fuel Couplers
Riders can adjust the engine performance to suit varied track conditions. By plugging in either of two additional fuel-setting couplers, riders can opt for a richer-than-stock or leaner-than-stock fuel setting to make the most of any riding conditions. Included with the bike, these couplers can be easily plugged in trackside.
- The RM-Z250s engine has been refined so mid-range power and torque is enhanced while maximum power is maintained. Power delivery is smoother and linear for easier control.
- New piston, including pin and ring, increase durability and improve power delivery through improved sealing
- Reduced Crank inertia and increased Magneto inertia reduce engine braking force
- Redesigned camshafts and valves increase overall power and contribute to smoother power delivery
- Redesigned decompression system for more precise operation and easier starting
- Redesigned kick drive gear, breather gear, kick idle gear also contribute greatly to the easier engine starting
- Redesigned Cam Chain tensioner reduces friction and increases durability, while a new adjuster has a greater range of tension to reduce drag
- Redesigned Crankcase improves oil lubrication and circulation, and reduces engine braking force
- Redesigned clutch cover features new oil level gauge window for easier maintenance.
- The advanced battery-less fuel-injection (FI) system features a 44mm throttle body with progressive throttle linkage and a 16-bit computer. The fuel injection system uses a unique capacitor-assisted starting system and is powered by a durable, lightweight magneto-generator after starting.
- The aluminium cylinder with Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) coating is built for durability, light weight and efficient heat transfer.
- Designed to improve the RMZ-Z250’s already outstanding handling characteristics, the 2016 frame has been modified resulting in greater cornering and straight line performance. Overall frame weight lowered by 2.5%.
- New light weight front brake caliper reduces mass while still providing outstanding stopping force.
- Race-inspired disc rotors and Excel aluminium rims are standard equipment.
- New Dunlop MX52 series tires are used featuring CTCS (Carcass Tension Control System) technology for superb rigidity and high level of grip.
- The gripper seat has projecting cross-shaped patterns on its top surface to provide additional adhesion and rider confidence.
Fuel Tank Capacity
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, 1-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC
- Bore x Stroke
- 77.0 mm x 53.6 mm
- 5-speed constant mesh
- Engine Power
- ca. 30 kW (40 PS)
- Engine Torque
- Overall Length
- 2,170 mm
- Overall Width
- 830 mm
- Overall Height
- 1,270 mm
- 1,475 mm
- Ground Clearance
- 345 mm
- Front Suspension
- Inverted telescopic, air spring, oil damped
- Rear Suspension
- Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Front Brake
- Rear Brake
- Front Tyre
- 80/100-21 51M, tube type
- Rear Tyre
- 100/90-19 57M Tube type